Santiago del Estero

Museo de la Imprenta (MIBO)

THE MIBO is the museum's institutional PRINTING AND OFFICIAL GAZETTE OF THE PROVINCE which was inaugurated back on October 21, 2005.It is located in the building in which publishes daily the Official Gazette of the Province which is located in San Martin 172 from the capital city of Santiago del Estero. In recreating the historical and documentary of the Official Gazette of the province and...

Convento Santo Domingo

The Order of Preachers or Santo Domingo built his first temple in 1553 in a location that does not have too much precision. What is known is that the temple had to be abandoned because the government forced them to leave, until they returned in 1587 and 1593 and had a new temple.Definitely established in Santiago del Estero built a new temple in 1615 to replace the previous one was completely...

Iglesia de la Merced

The historical background of this temple is as follows:The Mercedarios were the first order in the city going back to approximately 1557.However, In 1580, it hosted the First Provisional Cathedral of Santiago Del Estero as the Mother Church was destroyed.The flooding from the Rio Dulce back in 1628 took with them the first building and a new temple was built in the same location of where it is...

Museo de Arte Sacro, San Francisco Solano

The Franciscan Order has been in Santiago del Estero since 1566.The first church building was located on the original site of the city.The second temple was built farther west, following the shift of Santiago result of flooding. The time and subsequent flooding of the Rio Dulce as deteriorated and had to rebuild, but in 1845 the building was demolished due to the danger posed by their facilities...