Ukraine

Alexander Pushkin Bust in Chernihiv

The monument to Alexander Pushkin in Chernihiv is represented by a bust to a famous Russian poet Alexander Pushkin. It is situated in the historic centre of the city of Chernihiv – Dytynest, on the Val near the Transfiguration Cathedral. The monument was created in 1899 - 1900 to commemorate the visits of an outstanding Russian poet to Chernihiv in 1820 and 1824. The funds for the monument came...

Chernihiv Glory Memorial

At the edge of Boldyn Hills park, alongside the burial places (“kurgans”) of Slavonic warriors, there is a grave of Unknown soldiers, warriors who gave their lives in the Great Patriotic War (WWII). When battles for capturing the city of Chernihiv by fascist invaders were being fought, a woman of Chernihiv buried four lost soldiers in her family garden. In 1967, the graves were opened, and...

Black Grave Burial Mound

Chorna Mohyla (Black grave) is the largest and the most famous pagan burial mound (“kurgan”) in Chernihiv, Ukraine. It was erected in Ancient Rus period. Presently makes part of the Ancient Chernihiv National Historic Reserve and is the Monument of Archaeology of national importance.Chorna Mohyla royal burial mound is located in a park near Yeletsky monastery and the Palace of Culture for...

The Poltava Battle History Museum

The Battle of Poltava history museum is a large historical and cultural reserve. The complex embraces ample monuments related to the Great Battle of Poltava: the Museum of 9 halls, 10 granite obelisks at the places of the old redoubts, various Memorial signs, Sampsonyyvska (St. Sampson) church, Monument to Peter I the Great, and the others. The only Ukrainian museum which is one of UNESCO...

Monument in Honour of Ukraine Air Force Creation

The Air Force of Ukraine has been established in accordance with the Order of Chief Commander of Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine shortly after Ukraine’s independence, on March 17, 1992. And in 1998, to honour the anniversary of the Ukraine Air Force creation, an interceptor MiG-21PFM has been established on the pedestal in the city centre. The monument is located on Peremohy Square in...

Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Cathedral

The present premises of the cathedral was built around 1913 – 1914 to replace the old one, dating back to XVIII and consecrated in honour of the Blessed Virgin on 1 April 1732 by Krasovsky priest. In 1814, the cathedral was enlarged, and choirs for singing were added. In 1826, a new 4-tiered iconostasis was created for the temple and in 1861 a 18-meter bell tower was added to the temple, along...

Captain Chetkov Mansion

The residential house-mansion for retired artillery captain Chetkov was built in 1910 on the steep descent of Pushkinska street, the then elite quarter of Vinnytsya clerisy. A while before that Captain Chetkov has inherited another manor and quite a sum of money that enabled him to hire professor of Kyiv Civil Engineering Institute Vasyl Lystovnychiy to design his mansion in Vinnytsya....

Park of Peoples Friendship

Vinnytsya Peoples Friendship Park of culture and leisure is situated by the scenic lake in Vyshenka residential district, the south-west suburb of Vinnytsya. It was created in 1972, and its reconstruction and modernization was launched in 2011.The area of the park is 45.5 hectares. There are 2 soccer fields, 2 sporting grounds, 2 tennis-courts and children playground and amusement park. Rental of...