Millhouses Park is located approximately 3 miles south-west of Sheffield City Centre. Part of the park was gifted by Earl Fitzwilliam & Marquis of Zetland in 1909, with the remainder purchased by Sheffield City Council. Recent improvements include the Splash! project, located on the site of the old swimming pool and lido and reintroduces water play into the park, many years after the lido was closed and filled in. It is an interactive play area designed to be both playful and educational with kit such as an Archimedes screw, hand pumps and see saws that pump water into a large snaking channel, where it can be dammed in several places before being scooped by a water wheel and fed into a recycling tank. The water then feeds the toilets, can be used to water plants and tops up the boating lake. The Fishway project has seen the old paddling pools filled in and converted into natural habitat that will allow fish such as trout to bypass the two weirs on the River Sheaf and move upstream to spawn. The design is very complex and incorporates rock pools, overhangs and resting places and mimics their natural habitat as much as possible. Park Facilities include:On-Site Parking2 multi-purpose fields Outdoor Gym Skate Park Obstacle Course Traditional Playground Zipwire SPLASH! Waterplay Boating Lake with Paddle Boats Fish Pass Cricket Pitch Tennis Courts Pitch ‘n’ Put Crown Green Bowling Basketball Court5-a-side all-weather pitch Sensory Garden Formal Gardens Free Toilets Park Cafe & Ice Cream Kiosk (private business)Please use this page to review Millhouses Park. Please note that the Park Cafe is a private business and is not within the remit of the Friends of Millhouses Park.