The Franciscan Order has been in Santiago del Estero since 1566.The first church building was located on the original site of the city.The second temple was built farther west, following the shift of Santiago result of flooding. The time and subsequent flooding of the Rio Dulce as deteriorated and had to rebuild, but in 1845 the building was demolished due to the danger posed by their facilities in poor condition.The parish church of San Francisco Santiago del Estero and Governor Juan Felipe Ibarra, at the request of Fray Miguel de Jesus Lopez contributed with donations to build the new church, completed in 1853. Three decades later, due to rain and the salt from the ground deteriorated. Once again had to be rebuilt and the opening of the building that endures to this day came on June 20, 1895. The restoration and maintenance is ongoing to this day, in order to preserve this heritage.The temple and monastery were declared National Historic Monument by Decree No. 123,529, dated February 6, 1948.The architectural style is neo-Gothic building with pointed arches, spiers and needles.Others believe that style is eclectic because they are present ornate Gothic and Corinthian and elements of neoclassicism and romanticism. Participated in the construction of the last facade builder and sculptor José Díaz Delgado Rafael Castro. Picture in the Church San FranciscoHe has great size and a Latin cross plan. It has three naves, choir, sacristy, ante-sacristy and two bell towers. The dome, eight segments, is clad in tiles Pas de Calais.Accessing it by steps leading to a covered courtyard, whose walls are observed several plaques with inscriptions remind priests of the Order or commemorate historical events.The gate of wood, with windows that show images of the life of St. Francis of Assisi lead to the interior, which also has magnificent stained glass windows that adorn and give light to the temple.In the aisles there are altars dedicated to San Lorenzo, San Benito of Palermo, Santa Lucia, San Luis Gonzaga, San Francisco Solano, Santa Rosa de Viterbo, St. Jude Thaddeus, San Cayetano, Santa Clara of Assisi, Jesus of Divine Mercy Sacred Heart of Jesus, Altar – San Francisco Santa Ana, San Joaquin, San Antonio de Padua, San Roque, Santa Rita, Our Lady of the Valley, etc.. Most of the images is very old bill.On the floor are slabs indicating the burial place where the remains of Priests of the Order. The high altar, wooden gold-leaf pine is of great size and beauty.To the right of the temple, galleries conducCelda Colonial Chapel of St. Franciscoen to Cell Chapel, eighteenth century reconstruction of the cell, in the same place where St. Francis built with his hands the dwelling where he lived during his stay in Santiago del Estero , during which time he evangelized Spanish, Creoles and Indians, using as weapons the Bible, the cross and the violin.It’s a simple room with mud walls and thatched roofs and in which were placed some original woodwork.It saved the chasuble, the cord and stole of the saint died in Lima, Peru in 1610.