Museo Diocesano Tridentino

The Tridentine Diocesan Museum is located right downtown in Trento, close to the San Vigilio Cathedral, in the Palazzo Pretorio, which was in the Upper Middle Ages residence to the Prince-Bishops of Trento. Established in 1903 to house Diocese’s artistic heritage, the Museum also hosts the early Christian basilica of San Vigilio, as well as the archeological artefacts dug out from the Cathedral ground between 1964 and 1977. The museum’s permanent exhibition features a collection ranging form the thirteenth to the nineteenth century of paintings, wooden scupltures, tapestries and manuscripts, as well as a selection of vestments and the treasure of the Cathedral. All the collections are arranged in chronologial order, by author or by cultural ambit.

Leave a Reply